OIL/GAS RATIO

DJP

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: OIL/GAS RATIO

A force ? I'd run 40:1, better to thick than to thin. You get what you pay for remember that.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Trippin'-- why would you want to run extra oil in an engine that already is prone to carboning up and sticking rings?<br /><br />50:1 is the way to go.

DJP

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Because it was formerly a Chrysler product, and by design durabilty is not one of it's finer points, plus 40:1 is a pretty standard mixture, it's not machined to be a high performance outboard. If it pleases you, then compromise and run 45:1.

DJP

Petty Officer 2nd Class

An excerpt from our beloved iboats pages, itself.<br /><br />Read carefully:<br /><br /> The Force Outboard brand was born in the early 1980's when US Marine, the parent company of Bayliner Boats, purchased the old Chrysler Outboard factory and tooling located in Hartford, Wisconsin. Bayliner was the first nationwide company to introduce packaged outboard rigs in which the outboard motor, the boat and a trailer were sold as a single item. Arriving at dealerships fully assembled, these packages were great timesavers for dealers that previously had to custom rig bare hulls with specific engines and accessories chosen by the boats' buyers. Although Force Outboards lacked the technological sophistication of the major outboard brands, their price advantage was significant. Thousands of families discovered their love for boating through these inexpensive Bayliner entry-level outboard boats. <br /><br /> In the mid-1980's US Marine was acquired by industry giant Brunswick Corporation (Mercury, Mercruiser, Sea Ray, etc.). The Force Outboard brand quickly benefited from the resources of its big brother Mercury, and all production was soon moved to Mercury's plants. Force Outboards became available on boat brands other than Bayliner at dealerships nationwide. The changing marketplace, diminished price advantages and pending government regulations resulted in the decision to discontinue the Force brand in 1999. Parts and service have become more and more difficult for Force owners to find since then.

NathanY

Commander

Sorry Trippin, I dont doubt your word, as I have limited experience with force, but what did that article have anything at all to do with the fuel mix ratio?

DJP

Petty Officer 2nd Class

In my opinion, and I have many, any motor that is of inferior design which Force motors are...let me reitterate, in my opinion should be baby'd. I have toasted many a motorcross bike and scorched some cylinders on better outboard equipment than a Force motor merely by neglecting to take into account what kind of environment the motor will be used in, how old it is, who made it, what kind of gas i'm running, premix, crank case lube etc... And is there a history of defects and / or poor craftmanship. Let us not forget replacement parts and subsequent availability, if our friend gets out on the water and toasts his Force because it could've sustained a 45:1 or even 40:1 mixture without "sticking the rings", then I'll feel bad I didn't speak up when I had the opportunity... At any rate, one could always use a higher quality pre-mix, vs the stuff you get at walmart. The article was only meant as a refresher about the general history of Force motors. <br /><br />Thanks DJ