Force Power Tilt Motor Question

RadioguyJ

Cadet
Alright, another problem. 1991 Force 70, power tilt motor. The oil leaked out of the power tilt motor while it laid on it's side getting ready for installation. After I bolted it in place, the thing continued to leak, I activated the switch and heard the noise of the hydraulics, but I also heard a bubbling sound of fluid coming out of the pump. IS there a bad seal in the pump or does it need to be completely full to activate the cylinder properly? I bought the system used, but is it right for the fluid to drain out when the pump lays on it's side, and if so, is it right for the fluid to continue to drip out when it's been mounted like it should be???? Please e-mail me with a response. Thanks! RadioguyJ@aol.com

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: Force Power Tilt Motor Question

Your trim unit should be sealed, and therefore should not leak at all.<br /><br />Where is it leaking from?<br />It may just need a new o-ring on the filler plug.<br />Or a line fitting may be loose.

RadioguyJ

Cadet
Re: Force Power Tilt Motor Question

it leaked when it was on it's side, then it seemed to continue when I put it upright, just a slow drip, drip, drip. Maybe the plug wasn't in tight or like you said needs a new o-ring??