Power Trim Pump

hwcraig

Recruit
I am trying to find someone or someplace that can repair a power trim pump for a 1988 Force 125 hp outboard motor Help>>>>>>>>>

Hooty

Rear Admiral
Re: Power Trim Pump

I'm not familiar with that particular pump. Do you have a manual? If you do, why not try repairing it yourself? If ya don't have a manual, get one, read what it sez and then decide if you want to repair it yourself or not.<br /><br />c/6<br /><br />Hooty

SlowlySinking

Master Chief Petty Officer

Hi, maybe I can help, First a couple of questions, what works or what doesn't work, motor or pump or neither. Is this a 2 or 3 wire motor system? Ken

hwcraig

Recruit

The motor is a 2 wire. The motor is ok the pump is the problem. Thanks

SlowlySinking

Master Chief Petty Officer

Hi, okay on the motor running, I then assume you verified the oil level in the pump, low or no oil will certainly cause this problem. If the oil level is okay and the motor runs and there are no obvious leaks but the engine still won't lift or tilt you will need the manual and a 2000PSI pressure guage with appropriate lines to check the pump operation. I was hoping the problem was the motor or control circuitry since that's easier to troubleshoot, you only need a VoltOhmMeter. There are Force manuals available on iBoats or on ebay, use the ebay search function and search on "Force Manuals". Good luck, Ken