Chrysler electrical problem

bungie

Recruit
Anybody able to help ?<br /><br />60hp Chrysler 609HA ( Yes I know it was born before the T-Rex ) I have spark to only the<br />top cylinder.<br /> Tested the coils and they both work, I swapped the cables over and got a spark on the bottom<br />coil. Although the bottom coil had the earth to the + side, so I swapped it to the correct side (<br />I hope this was correct).<br /> Was told to arced out the two points on the under the fly wheel at 7 O’clock and 8 O’clock<br />(T1 & T4 ? ) to test the CDI. These both gave a nice big blue spark.So am lead to believe the<br />CDI is ok.<br /> Two Questions, Did I do the correct things above ? And does this show the power pack is the<br />problem.

WoodShed

Cadet
Re: Chrysler electrical problem

I have put 3 posts on here about chrysler ignition problems: I never got any response. There must be a better forum than this one, but I have not found it yet. Automotive forums seem to be alot more helpful. I think most questions are in boat forums are just that, questions-no answers.

Trent

Captain

If you get no answers...Maybe no one knows?<br /><br />Anyway here is a troubleshooting link for the Chrysler.<br /><br /> Troubleshooting

clanton

Rear Admiral

Clymer manual, and Rapair parts book, does not list a 60hp CDI with points.

clanton

Rear Admiral

I think I misread your post. Engine should have a battery power CDI with 2 sensors under the flywheel. Click on troubleshooting in Trents post. The problem could be sensor, CDI pack, or connections.