fuel\oil ratio

wswaneyw

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I have a 70's chrysler 120 HP O/B. On my last engine fuel ratio was 50:1. Anyone know what it should be for this engine. Thanks

turtle1173

Chief Petty Officer
Re: fuel\oil ratio

Hi wswaneyw,<br /><br /> I believe 50:1 is pretty standard on these older engines. I've got a mid-70's 55HP Chrysler and that's what I run in it.<br /><br />Shane

ob

Admiral

turtle is correct.50:1 1pint TCW3 per 6.25 gal.87 octane.

ob

Admiral

Not needed in 2 stroke outboards that have relatively low compression ratios as opposed to their auto high compression four four stroke counterparts.Most 2 stroke outboards will have a more complete burn on lower octane.

turtle1173

Chief Petty Officer

wswaneyw,<br /><br /> When I first got my Chrysler back running I tried 89 and 91 octane (not at the same time :p ). It performed very poorly using these. A buddy of mine has a Mercury and he said his mechanic suggested using higher octanes. So I thought "why not" for mine. But that is not the way to go for Chryslers as I found out from experience and reading. One of the reasons was that the engine ran too cool with the higher octanes. It was good for his mercury but not for my Chrysler.<br /><br />Shane