Whaler inspection??

b.gagnon

Master Chief Petty Officer
I am going to help a friend inspect a 1985 Boston whaler Super Sport this weekend and was wondering if there is anything that is particular to this boat to look for? Things such as wood location or commonly known problems.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Whaler inspection??

Check it for loose screws that go through the f'glass into wood behind. Easy enough to fix, but it is time consuming.<br /><br />Worst offenders are the base of the console and the bases of the railings.

Check it for loose screws that go through the f'glass into wood behind. Easy enough to fix, but it is time consuming.<br /><br />Worst offenders are the base of the console and the bases of the railings.

Excuse me for jumping in here, but could you tell me anything about how to fix the loose bow strap thing and the tow things in the back of the boat. There are no bolts or screws that are showing, so I'm guessing you have to get into the fiberglass?

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Excuse me for jumping in here, but could you tell me anything about how to fix the loose bow strap thing and the tow things in the back of the boat. There are no bolts or screws that are showing, so I'm guessing you have to get into the fiberglass?

PLEASE Start a new thread and do not hijack a thread from years ago.