Trim gripe

sumcat1

Petty Officer 2nd Class
We can send a robot to Mars,talk to it,listen to it,control it's every movement but we can't communicate between a trim gauge in the front and a sender in the rear.I know when the drive is all the way up or down by listening to the pump.I know when I am trimmed right by listening to the engine and watching the tach.I cannot do any of this reliably by looking at the trim gauge. Why do we have the @#$% things?

jch7450

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Trim gripe

Hmmmmmmmm agree with ya,, but a Mars mission costs a 100,000,000 or so :( trim guage about 100<br /> Guess it's something we have to live with

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner

Exactly the reason I have an outboard (vs I/) where you can't see the outdrive) and no gauge because I figured they never would be accurate enough to tell you what your tach and speedometer are telling you.<br /><br />Mark

paulie0735

Chief Petty Officer

I have 2 skiboats, one old which I built 23 years ago and one nearly new. The old girl has a 5.7 with Volvo 270T which I pulled out of an old day cruiser that already had 2000 hours on it, it’s still fitted with the original gauge and it works a treat, always has. The new one is an outboard with 175 Johnson which also has a trim gauge and it also works just fine, always has. I'm betting yours is not set up right or corrosion has got to it.