Finally Found the Way to Fish

swist

Senior Chief Petty Officer
After years of frustration not catching fish and losing all manner of bait and tackle in the process, I have decided on a much more efficient way to approach this fishging nonsense. <br /><br />Every Spring I will buy 10 lb of live bait and $100 worth of lures. I will then go directly to my dock and throw it all in the ocean. Eliminates the expense of having a boat, and gets me back all those early mornings for some other activity in which I might actually accomplish something.<br /><br />I'm surprised no one else has thought of this obvious shortcut.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Finally Found the Way to Fish

Still haven't learned that it is fishing that we love, swist? Catching is incidental.

PAkev

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Whoa I've got a better idea...........<br />Just send me the $100 worth of tackle and I'll be sure to loose it for you which will afford you alot more time to go lose some golf balls.<br /><br />5 or 6 Lucky Craft Live Pointers will be a good place to start.<br /><br />Oh, one more thing.......<br />Is throwing ones stuff in the ocean a New England thing? I recall a similar event a few years back AKA "The Boston Tea Party."

yater

Petty Officer 3rd Class

No, it's about to be a Texas thing too. It's 108 degrees with 100% humidity and the fish aren't having it. I'm about to just throw on a lifevest and join the little *******s

Ron G

Commander

like jb said its not alays the catching but just the fishing,its tough here to but dont forget 75% of it is mental.happy fishing

colding01

Seaman Apprentice

If catching fish were so easy, and everyone caught their limit each time they went, there would be none left before long.

snal

Petty Officer 2nd Class

My granpa told me once, that If you caught fish every time you went out...they'd call it "catching" instead of "fishing". He mighta been full of hot air...but he got me hooked on having a rod in my hand, and although he lived well into his 70's...he didn't live long enough for me (and my children) to thank him enough.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner

Did you ever wonder why 10% of the people catch 90% of the fish? It's all about putting in the time it takes to learn the little subtleties that make the difference between fishing and catching. In other words you need to become smarter that the fish. This can be hard at times because the fish are at school much longer than we ever where. :D

txswinner

Banned

What's all the justifying fishing about anyway, you guys ought to be stuck having to work for a living and you would find even at 100 degrees and no bites it better than stuck in an office. How does the saying go "a bad day fishing is better than a great day at work!!!"