starter problems

SNOHEAD4

Recruit
i have a force 125 1985. WHEN I TRY TO START IT THE ENGINE LUGS AND WONT START . I PULLED ALL PLUGS OUT AND IT STARTS FINE.I REPLACED THE STARTER . AND THE BATTERY .AND CLEANED ALL THE CONNECTIONS . IT STILL LUGS. WHAT I WAS WONDEWRING IS DID THEY MAKE A HEAVY DUTY STARTER. THE ENGINE TURNS OVER JUST FINE AND ONCE STARTED RUNS FINE.

SNOHEAD4

Recruit
Re: starter problems

lubed it. replaced it with two arco starters. nothing works .

Lugnut36

Seaman

Your starter solenoid maybe supplying juice to the starter but not "enough" or there is high resistance in the cabling/connections somewhere. I had a starter solenoid go on me recently and when the engine was cold 50% of the time i turned the key i could get the starter to engage. But when the engine was hot it would start everytime. Anyways bypass the solenoid with some jumper cables and see if she starts alot better when cold.

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

You pulled the plugs out and it starts fine? Wow!<br /><br />Sorry! I just couldn't pass that up. We all know you meant it turns over fine with them out. It does have good compression, right?<br /><br />Good luck!

SNOHEAD4

Recruit

YEAH HAS 130 ON ALL CYLINDERS . I'LL LOOK AT THAT TODAY AAND SEE IF IT'S THE SOLINOID