Lower unit oil in the water-HOW MUCH?

Hi folks, I am still fighting the uphill battle of Force ownership and while running the motor in my driveway in a tank, I noticed a small amount of lower unit oil in the water. Is this a major problem or something I can address at the end of the season. If major, is there a common spot to look at on the Force 50-1990 or do I just replace every seal possible. <br />Thankyou for your support and may the Force be with you because I know it's not with me. :confused:

dymo

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Lower unit oil in the water-HOW MUCH?

I had the same thing when I ran my Chrysler in a tank. It's only because you're doing a lot of idle time in the tank and the oil should be from the fuel mixture.<br /><br />The only way to verify if the oil is from the lower unit or the fuel mixture is to pull the plug on the lower unit and see if it has any water in it. If it is from the lower unit, you should fix it as soon as possible.

Mumblerone

Petty Officer 1st Class

Check the lower unit oil and see if it's topped up and not milky. If it's milky you have water in the lower unit, replace oil. Sooner or later you would have to replace the seal. If you don't repair seal, be sure to change oil again BEFORE winter or that water will freeze and crack the lower unit. Even without a leak it's agood practice to replace lower unit oil BEFORE winter just in case water did get in ; every year. ;)

Ted S.

Seaman

drop the force and get a Johnny!! :p

Ted S.

Seaman

drop the force and get a Johnny!! :p