Force 50 hp Water Pump

Joral

Cadet
Motor runs fine when going fast. At slow speed, like in a no wake zone, the alarm goes<br />on after a few minutes. I only see a little bit of water coming from the two holes up in the<br />back of the motor. I ordered a water pump hoping that that is the problem. Is this dificult<br />to change ? should I be looking at something else in the motor? I apreciate any help.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
Re: Force 50 hp Water Pump

Welcome to iboats, Joral. What year is it? Regardless. it's about as hard as changing a water pump on a Chevy 350.<br /><br />1984-1994<br />4 - 9/16" bolts hold the lower unit to the leg.<br />1 - 1/2" allthread nut with locknuts,holding the two halfs of the shift rod together.<br /><br />4 - 7/16" bolts holding the pump housing on.<br /><br />But do yourself a big favor, and get the manual for your engine. It will pay for itself on this job, I garauntee (to qoute a certain cajun).<br /><br />It might take you all day the fist time, and maybee an hour anytime thereafter, to change out the impeller.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
Re: Force 50 hp Water Pump

Forgot something...Also change-out the thermostat at the same time. It is in a housing on the top of the head. They only cost about 9 buks U.S., so it is cheap enough to just replace it. Do not run this engine without a thermostat,except to test. The reason is it is required toi equallize head temps. Without it,the head will warp.