120 Force float stuck

manowar

Petty Officer 2nd Class
My bottom carb float is stuck open fuel spilling out the throat i know it wont run that way help me fix ?

Rex

Chief Petty Officer
Re: 120 Force float stuck

YOU MIGHT GET LUCKLY AND TAP ON IT WITH<br />A SCREW DRIVER LIGHTLY.

manowar

Petty Officer 2nd Class

that didnt work Im gonna take it off I just want to get it working without having to readjust it just rebuilt the motor everything is great back to factory spec except the float

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

The Tillotsen carbs are easy to rebuild.<br />Most times you can free-up a sticking needle valve without removing the carb, if you can remove the bowl while it the carb is still mounted.<br />You will need needle nose pliers, a small ball-peen hammer and a small nail. You'll need a can of carb cleaner (preferably Valvolene's premium because it hates varnish and the can's wand is the best-designed wand I ever saw).<br />The float must be removed. It is held in place by a knurled pin. This should come out of one end with a bit of light persuasion, being carefull not to push-up on the float..This will throw the float level adjustment outta whack,and let's not go there.<br />The float,and the needle valve will fall out (hopefully in your hands) when you pull that pin. spray up the pickup tube,the idle jet,and the needle valve tube with lots of spray. Spray the needle liberally,and wipe it dry. This is important,because some (not all) Tilotsen needle valves have a rubber tip. It should be clean,but letting it soak in carb cleaner will devour this rubber tip.<br />Any gasketed surface you open will require a new gasket,with the exception of the bowl gasket (it is cork). As long as you dont tear or break it, you can re-use it.<br />But lots of folks try to re-use the main carb mount gasket, and allmost allways, it will leak after re-assembly.<br />It did every stinkin time i tried to anyhow.<br />Good luck.