Force 15 HP Questions???

Dean C. Ozment

Recruit
I am thinking about purchasing a 1987 15 HP Force... It looks clean and with very little wear.<br /><br />Asking price is $700.<br /><br />It has an extension in the shaft that looks like it can be removed to make it shorter...<br /><br />HELP!<br /><br />Dean

Dean C. Ozment

Recruit
Re: Force 15 HP Questions???

Any recommendations for or against purchasing this motor?<br /><br />Thanks,<br /><br />Sveet

Fouled Plug

Ensign

If it's been taken care of, has good compression, clean lower unit lube and runs well, I'd buy it. Not for $700, though! :D

singerjr

Petty Officer 1st Class

Sveet,<br /><br />I personally wouldn't buy it, this is a 15 year old motor that wasn't top of the line when it was new. You will have a lot trouble getting parts not only because the motor is no longer manufactured but a manufacturer is only required to stock parts for 10 years. Most stock parts longer for viable products, this is not the case with this motor.<br /><br />The price seems VERY HIGH,This is copied and pasted from NADA pricing guide. Check them out for yourself at www.nada.com <br /><br /><br />FORCE <br />1987 <br /> <br />NO LONGER IN PRODUCTION. <br /><br />--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br /> <br /> <br /> Model: 152F7 <br /> Motor Type: Gasoline <br /> Volts (Electric Motors): <br /> Thrust (Electric Motors): <br /> Horsepower: 15 <br /> Cylinders: 2 <br /> Start Type: Manual <br /> Dry Weight: 58 <br /> Power Tilt and Trim: No <br /> Low Retail: $85 <br /> Average Retail: $100 <br /><br /> <br />Keep looking and good luck. Just an opinion ;)

Fouled Plug

Ensign

I own a 1989 Force 9.9 and like it a lot. Stone simple, and parts are readily available from my local Mercury dealer. Paid $150 for it, and it's been my faithful salmon trolling companion for over 3 years now. Just keep 'em decarbed and take good care of it, and it'll last. But don't pay that much for one! Mine was nearly mint when I bought it and it was still very inexpensive.

Dean C. Ozment

Recruit

Thanks Everybody! I am convinced that this is not a motor that I want to buy... I will keep looking!<br /><br />Ozzie<br /><br />Captain of the "Sweet Lips"