85 force cd module

iam4nu

Recruit
I have a 84 force 85hp and have posted and thought that i fixed the problem. No power or rpms. after todays trip to the lake and still no answer. I started checking the spark and found that #2 plug was not firing. I swapped wires leading to the coils and all coils are good. Now comes my question for the panel of experts. the 2 modules have 2 wires that feed out to the coils and only 3 are used and 1 is taped of and not used. could I switch the moduals so the mod with the bad out wire is only feeding the one coil and put the mod with 2 good out wires 2 feed the remaining 2 coils. as far as I can tell the mods are the same. could someone tell me if this is possible to do or is it just as easy to install a new one.

The Outlaw

Cadet
Re: 85 force cd module

junk it force motors are a throw away motor,i have 1991 35 h.p. with a scored bottom cylinder has power tilt, runs good one cylinder,but can:t be fixed , this one is for sale MAKE OFFER Dealers will not take in on [ tradein ] there have been a lot of people on this board with problems with FORCE MOTORS .they say there easy to fix ,,BUT i have never had any offers on fixen or buying .Have any questions,E-mail outlaw280@webtv.net

lonewolf5347

Chief Petty Officer

ON YOUR ENGINE THERE ARE 2 PLUGS THAT GO TO EACH C-D UNIT BLUE AND YELLOW;SWAP PLUG WIRES IF PROBLEM MOVES TO ANOTHER CYLINDER THE STATOR IS BAD.THESE WIRES ARE COMING FROM THE STATOR.IF PROBLEM DOES;T MOVE THAN SWAP WITE AND GREEN WIRES WITH STRIPE;THESE WIRES ARE COMING FROM THE TRIGGERS.GOOD LUCK

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

iam4, do a compression test. This will reveal the problem Outlaw defined, if it has a broken ring,scored cylinder, or head gasket leak. It will not run on a cylinder with very low compression.<br />If the comp test turns out good, procede thru the steps Lonewolf laid down.<br />Good luck.

David R

Seaman

Hi<br /><br />The simple answer is yes. I've had this done once, by the shop for me. The unit died while in winter storage. Then a couple of years later had to have a new CD (same one). Then maybe five years later happened again. May have happened once more I've kind of lost track.<br /><br />I had a 1990 90hp Force, ultimately cylinder 3 died from detonation. :confused: <br /><br />Best<br /><br />David