battery on the kill wire !

henkiego

Recruit
I have an bayliner with an force 70 HP 3 cil.<br /><br />I have the + cable off the accu accidentally to the kill wire that goes to the switch-box!<br /><br />The problem is that the engine not start. I have no fire on the sparks.<br /><br />Who can help me ???<br /><br />Thanks .<br /><br />sorry for the bad english .<br /><br /> :confused: h.vaartstra@hccnet.nl

G DANE

Commander
Re: battery on the kill wire !

If your motor started and ran before,i think you damaged the powerpack - the black switchbox where the wire ends. There is a way to test, but you have to get a manual or further advise from goot electricians from here.

henkiego

Recruit

Hello G.Jane,<br /><br />Thats right , the engine has run. The black swichtbox you mentioned . How big is this part ??<br /><br />Thanks. :)

G DANE

Commander

Dane not Jane please.<br /><br />The Powerpack is around 5 cm wide and 14 cm high. It is powered from the stator under the flywheel and it gives power to the coils at cylinderhead. The coils have cords to spark plugs. Are you sure it was at the kill wire ( usually yellow/black striped )

henkiego

Recruit

Sorry Dane,<br /><br />Yes im sure . It happends when I change the key switch. <br /><br />Thank you Dane. :)

G DANE

Commander

Are u sure you didnt connect something incorrect ? Try to find the y/b stribed wire under the motor hood and disconnect it at the first connector, nearest the pack. If you cranck the engine, will it give spark then ? CAREFULL IF MOTOR STARTS, NO POSSIBILITY TO STOP !!!! DONT START IF NO COOLING. Lowerunit must bee in water. When you try, ground all sparkplug wires through old plugs, dont leave any plugwires on plugs, you risk it starts. Beware of propeller.

henkiego

Recruit

I shall try what you say , this week !<br /><br />I shall give you an reply if a tried !<br /><br />Thanks. :)