Force 50, 1988, gas and oil ratio?

yqwang

Recruit
I just got a 1988 bayliner with 1988 Force motor 50hp. does anyone knows what is the ratio between gas and oil? Any information will be appreciated<br /><br />Andrew

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
Re: Force 50, 1988, gas and oil ratio?

Hi, Andrew. Welcome to iboats.<br />The ratio is 50:1<br />That is 3oz per gallon. These engine's weak points are thier revulsion to alcohol-enhanced fuels. Stick to mid-octane "real" gas (87-89octane).<br />They also bear-out any weaknesses of the oil used,so use the best..Quicksilver Premium or WalMart "Supertech" brand TCW-3.<br />There is no "telltale" on this engine,except for the 2 exaust ports halfway up the leg of the motor.You should get exaust,and a sputter of water out of these (as if someone told it a funny joke with a mouthfull of seawater).<br />Frequent decarbing will keep you going. I decarb mine every 60hours,or earlier, if i run thru these stinkin manatee zones at idle all day. Then, I decarb when I flush the motor that day.

yqwang

Recruit
Re: Force 50, 1988, gas and oil ratio?

Hi 12 Footer:<br /><br />Thank you very much for your message. you are always nice to everybody. I apperiacte your help.<br /><br />Andrew