Just Thrilled

rogerwa

Commander
I gotta share this here because my wife just doesn't get it..(neither do I for that matter)<br /><br />I had the toon out today for the first time this year. It a 21 footer with a 50hp Force. I did a bunch of stuff this spring to make it more reliable and hopefully perform better. De-carbed, rebuilt carb, new tank and fittings, new lower pitch prop, adjusted trim of engine (I just have tilt), etc..<br /><br />I launched it today and it started with the first pop of the key. It idled as smoothly as you can expect a 2 cylinder to idle and it definitely performed much better on the high end.. I think trimming out the engine and the lower pitch prop helped me to develop higher RPMs and thus a boost in speed.<br /><br />As we are driving home, I am glowing about the performance, and all my wife can muster is a dirty look and "what's the big freakin deal?"<br /><br />But you all know the feeling when your machine is runnin good.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
Re: Just Thrilled

I can definately relate,Roger
smile.gif

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Many people don't understand our love affairs with machines. When we have applied TLC to a misbehaving machine and it then loves us back it is a real thrill that non-motorheads never get to feel.<br /><br />Congratulations, Roger!<br /><br />Red sky at night.<br />JB
smile.gif

Kiwi

Petty Officer 2nd Class

JB - well said.
smile.gif
I'm with you Roger bet ya can't wait to get out there again !

Easttxhunter

Cadet

Ah!!! What a feeling it is. When i was young lots of things gave me that euphoria feeling. As i have gotten older those feelings are hard to come by. (Lost my innocence i guess) But i always get that feeling when something is broke and not working right and i bring it back to life. Congrads on the perfect day!!!!