1989 FORCE 125 OVERHEATING ALARM

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAYO

Recruit
1989 FORCE 125 OVERHEATING ALARM

MY ENGINE IS OVERHEATING AT A IDLE. ITS FINE AT 1\2 THROTTLE & UP. I HAVE REPLACED MY THERMOSTAT, THERMOSWITCH, AND HAD MY WATER PUMP REPLACED. MY MANUAL SAY TO REMOVE THE EXHAUST COVER AND CHECK WATER PASSAGES FOR PLUGGING OR DEBRIS. HAS ANYONE HAD ANY PROBLEMS LIKE THIS. COULD IT BE CARBON BUILD UP. PLEASE HELP!!!

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
Re: 1989 FORCE 125 OVERHEATING ALARM

I had a mud daubber build a condo in my outboard's intake. It drove me bonkers!<br />I've seen corrosion completly block the discharge on a Johnson.<br />Try removing the Tstat totally for about 20 minutes. This will allow any loose debris to circulate out of the engine. With the Tstat in place, debris from the system will collect behind it.<br />But do replace the thermostat after 20minutes or so,as it's not good to run them for extended periods without them in place.<br />While you have it out, make sure they gave you the right one too. They come in different opening temps.<br />Hope this helps.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Oh yea, and the temp sender could be failing.<br />Put a temp gauge on it,or try to touch the side of the block briefly. If you can touch it for 2 or 3 seconds, I would suspect the sender.

steweedee

Recruit
Im having a overheat prob i changed tstat fuel filter water pump, flushed it a couple times it pees fine but wen im on the water in gear 3/4 throttle the alarm goes off within 5 min """ help """ 120hp force 1999 the compression is 150 in all cylinders its brought on becuz i bottomed out in mud but im flushing it

Last edited:

Jiggz

Captain
Steweedee, you need to start your own new thread. You cannot revive a thread more than a decade old. Members usually do not respond to old thread as they are confusing. Thanks.

Todd runge

Cadet
I'm new here and I'm not sure how to ask this question any other way ,I have a 1988 125 force and the alarm would go on and off I found a loose wire could that cause it to do that? Sorry don't mean to hijack this thread but couldn't find any other way to ask.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I'm new here and I'm not sure how to ask this question any other way ,I have a 1988 125 force and the alarm would go on and off I found a loose wire could that cause it to do that? Sorry don't mean to hijack this thread but couldn't find any other way to ask.

Welcome Todd runge

To start a new topic - Click the red forum name Above under the forum tools, New Topic, Today's Posts, etc. and scroll down to the red box + New Topic. Click it and a new topic entry form is displayed.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.