1984-85 Horse Force Nightmare

SheepheadShep

Recruit
The day I received the boat, it needed a tune up. Not getting any fire in 2 of the 3 cylinders. I replaced 2 CD modules, stater, trigger, and 3 coil packs. Motor ran fine with dog-ears in the yard, took it to the lake, put it in the water, ran it full speed for 1/2 hr, docked at the beach for an hour, started boat back up, past no wake bouy, dropped throttle and it dropped on it's face - maybe 5 mph. The motor would run until 2 of 3 cylinders that were not firing AGAIN loaded up with gas and causing the 3rd cylinder to flood, stalling the engine. I was able to re-start it by replacing the one remaining cylinder plug. It would remain running but still at only 5 mph and no power. Put the boat away for a year and got it out again - replacing the 2 CD modules and same thing all over again. HELP!!!!! Not sure if it's worth working on or getting rid of it. Any suggestions??? Thanks!!

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
Re: 1984-85 Horse Force Nightmare

Sheared flywheel key, bad magnet, twisted crank, timing advance linage and adjustment.<br />These are things I would look at. Other then that, I dunno either .
confused.gif
<br /><br /><br />------------------<br />the Early bird get's the worm...So, he don't have to stop for bait.

MERCMAN

Seaman
Re: 1984-85 Horse Force Nightmare

Is all cylinders firing or do have the same problem as before. If all are firing check for water in cyl 2 and 3. Look for a milky liquid on plugs if there is traces of water more than likely there is a pin hole at #2 cyl on the exhaust divider plate.And if these is problem you will get water in #3 also cause water runs downhill.
biggrin.gif