volvo inline 6, 170 hp B30?....chrysler 270 trim/tilt?

Lou

Recruit
is the B30A block the Same as the B30E block? has any one had any experiance using the fuel injected "E" head in place of the carbureted "A" head? I was told that I could tap the injector holes and plug them and use my carbureted manifold on it. the injector holes should be under vacuum and should pose no problem, although with the larger valves in the injector head I should get a little more power even though it has carbureters. is this information correct?<br /> Also....does anyone know if the 270 chrysler outdrive had a tilt/trim option, rather than just tilt.

john ho

Cadet
Re: volvo inline 6, 170 hp B30?....chrysler 270 trim/tilt?

I do know that the B30E in the 1970-73 Volvo sedan cars had a different camshaft than the carbuerretted model and if not changed would mean detonation timing hassles that could not be corrected by retarding the settings.<br />Make sure you know the differences in the marine engines. We get alot of folk who want to use reman auto blocks in their boats. Good luck

john ho

Cadet
Re: volvo inline 6, 170 hp B30?....chrysler 270 trim/tilt?

I do know that the B30E in the 1970-73 Volvo sedan cars had a different camshaft than the carbuerretted model and if not changed would mean detonation timing hassles that could not be corrected by retarding the settings.<br />Make sure you know the differences in the marine engines. We get alot of folk who want to use reman auto blocks in their boats. Good luck