1970 Chrysler 7.5 hp

jgrigs99

Cadet
I was given (loaned) a boat from my Dad the other day and I am having the time of my life fixing it up! It is a Monarch 14' V-hull aluminum Jon boat. I remember fishing in it when I was 8. i am 38 now. The motor is a 1970 Chrysler 7.5hp. Any advice on what type of care it needs before I hit the heavy crappie season this fall? It starts on about the third pull. I cleaned the impellar tube out the other day and it spits water like a fountain when I put the water wings on it.<br />Looking forward to some advioce,<br />Jgrigs99 :eek: ;) :cool: :confused:

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 1970 Chrysler 7.5 hp

Since your boat is a Monarch, JG, I will assume it is a semi-Vee, not a Jon boat. Jon boats are flat bottomed, squared-bow boats. Boaters are sensitive about correct terminology.<br /><br />I suggest that you go to the topic, "Hey new Boater!! Getting Started". You will get plenty of advice there. We are here for any questions you have after that.<br /><br />Welcome aboard and Bon Voyage.<br /><br />Red sky at night . . .<br />JB :)

wingz fan

Recruit
Re: 1970 Chrysler 7.5 hp

hello. new owner of a sea king 7.5 chrysler (montgomery ward) year? gas ratio? need answers. mod#vwb52179. ser#97xx20939 forever grateful