HEAT GAUGE OR PRESSURE GAUGE

gmguy 01

Cadet
i have a 1989 bayliner with a 85 force l drive and need to know if i should install a heat gauge or would it be better to install a pressure gauge , am affraid of over heating because i can't see it pumping and just bought boat so i don't know where it pumps water.

D

DJ

Re: HEAT GAUGE OR PRESSURE GAUGE

Pressure! It lets you know when flow has stopped. The temp. guage ususally lets you know you have already cooked something-my experience. <br />Kind of like those little pop up things in a turkey. It's DONE!

petryshyn

Commander

Pressure gauge can warn you of a potential overheat by showing low pressure. A temp gauge shows overheat when it occurs(might be too late). But........temp gauge also shows cold operating temp, which can be just as deadly. <br /><br />My answer is.........both!<br /><br />Good luck!!

gmguy 01

Cadet

ok thanks . now where can i get a pressure gauge kit and can i put the hose on the top of the head where there is anice little pipe thread plug

petryshyn

Commander

Take the Pipe plug out and see if its a water jacket. If it is....your in business.<br /><br />Try these guys for gauges<br /><br />Good luck! :)

gmguy 01

Cadet

already did and it is sohear is another stupid question . what should the pressure be thanks for the info

Trent

Captain

If your saying its a Force L-Drive?<br /><br /><br />SELLLLLLLLL ITTTT<br /><br />They dont give anything but trouble!!!! Sorry.

C17LoadSmasher

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I had an 87 Force 125 and never had any trouble with it, except for replacing a rectifier really I do not know if yours is similar to the 125, but it shoots water out of two exhaust ports on the back of the motor about halfway up the back of it. I never had a problem with it.

gmguy 01

Cadet

i can't get anything on this sorry but i'm new to the computor :confused:

gmguy 01

Cadet

loadsmasher ' i would assume that they would be alot alike . thanks for the positive remarks 'i'm already wondering why i bought it .but i did so now i will try to enjoy it