Luke help...Is the Force bad...

EatMoreFish

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I am going tomorrow to look at a 1999 120hp Force. From what I am told it is in perfect shape. From what I can find out in 99 the only difference in it and the Mercurys was cost by about 1/2 and oil/ fuel injection.<br />Is this true or am I being lead around Mercury to the dark side of the force.<br /><br />Where there any known defects in these motors for 99

my new fishmaster

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Luke help...Is the Force bad...

They where around $1000 less than the mercs, sounds like a nice motor if the price is right.

EatMoreFish

Petty Officer 3rd Class

yea new only 1k but for the same 1999 used I can get this one for 1800 ver 4k for merc

its-a-sweater

Seaman

TAKE YOUR LIGHT SABER. You are looking to buy a nameplate that no longer exists. How long will Merc. suppoort it? The differences are deeper than what you have been told. Resale value is dropping like a stone.<br /><br />If you're handy and plan to wear it out, go for it.

trevorcday

Petty Officer 1st Class

The '99 120 force still used the old Chrysler powerhead. So it is really a LOT different than a Merc. The ignition, and everything below the powerhead are merc. Forces have been very troublesome motors, just look at the number of posts on this list about them versus the number sold. If it is a really good deal I guess it may be hard to resist but the Force IS bad.

Trent

Captain

You could not give me one..Sorry

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

The price is right. Go with the Force. Understand that is 20year old technolgy with bells and whistles,but it still burns dirty,so plan on frequent decarbing.<br />You may buy a brand new Merc,and have it blow up on it's maiden-voyage. You may buy an OMC same vintage,and be garanteed it will.<br />But at that price,if it were my money, "Hail yes, you guys mount it for free and give me a 1 year warantee,sold".<br />But that is JMHO.<br />I have an 89 50HP that only let me down when it sat with fuel in the carb for 2 years...And it was cheap to fix. I had a 125HP that I bought for 1K, and only sold it because I didn't have a hull for it.<br /><br />I guess you can tell I am afraid of OMC's?<br />Again, JMHO