Stupid Force engine that won't start

sstirling1

Recruit
I have a 9.9 1994 force engine that won't freakin start.. I ripped apart the powerhead to get to the rings (over heated) I put it back together (several times) I now have 100% compression, spark..(pretty sure there is no timing adjustment on the engine just a magnetic flywheel and coils) I had trouble getting the fuel to come out (took it to a mechanic told me the secondary pressure was low i.e I din't seal the power head correctly) now it is spurting out a couple of feet at least (when not connected to the carb) The carb is fine(checked by the mechanic) PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<br />thanks <br />scott sstirling1@aol.com

CFO94

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Stupid Force engine that won't start

GOOD fuel + GOOD spark = a running engine. Which don't you have?

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I agree that you need good fuel and good spark. You also need correct mixture, compression and correct timing of the spark.<br /><br />A common error in reassembling those prehistoric technology twins is to get the spark to the wrong cylinders.<br /><br />Recheck your compression, Scott. With those new rings it will be pretty low, but it should still compress 70 or 80 psi on both. I don't know what 100% means.<br /><br />Make sure your spark is strong enough to jump at least 1/2" from wire to block. Then make sure each wire sparks when that cylinder is at or near tdc.<br /><br />If it passes those tests, spray a bit of WD-40 into the carb while trying to start her. DON'T use starter fluid, it has no oil in it. If that gets her to try to start, your problem is in the carb. Get the jets open.<br /><br />Good luck.<br /><br />Red sky at night. . .<br />JB :)

petryshyn

Commander

Ditto JB<br />-Is there any puffing out of the carb when trying to start?(hand close to carb entrance)<br />- is there fuel leaking out of carb after several pulls?<br />- as JB says, does it start on wd-40?<br />- if you have spark, fuel(wd-40) and compression, and she still don't start, maybe reed problem?<br /><br /> :confused:

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Scott, you've wasted a lot of time by starting two new threads on this problem without updating what you have done.<br /><br />Tell us what came out of the above advice.<br /><br />JB

norman158

Petty Officer 1st Class

just a thought, have you checked the flywheel key?