HARD START

U68423

Petty Officer 3rd Class
1989 FORCE 125, starts and runs fine but if I shut it down or it stalls in nuteral i can not get it to restart, primer bulb does not stay hard on the restart, i need to pump it back up

U68423

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: HARD START

Think I found the problem, help me out guys. 2 days ago when it would not start period, I found a screw missing on the fuel pump housing and fuel was pouring out during start, I repaced the screw and it started right up but died at idle sometimes and was hard to restart almost impossible. I looked today as I was pumping the primer bulb till it was hard and guess what fuel was coming out of the seal for the fuel pump, the screw helped but the gasket is shot. Can this cause stalling and hard starting?

U68423

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Wanted to add once running it goes great, just impossible to start and dies at idle sometimes...Need Advice..

angus63

Captain

starting and idling relies on fuel pump pressure. When running intake vacuum helps things along. Gasket for fuel pump is cheap and easy. check all the fuel line connections for leaks while you are at it.<br />GOOD LUCK

U68423

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Thanx, any other comments I really think thr gasket is the problem orderd a rebuild kit today.