Cruise n' Carry Info Needed

Nucknoilerfan

Seaman
I have a Cruise N' Carry 2.7 hp model 6700 sitting in my garage. I need a little info on it and hopefully someone here can point me in the right direction. Is this motor wortth my time as a side project or are they disposable. I haven't tried firing it up as of yet because I need to replace the plug and the fuel line. All I know so far is that these motors are air cooled and super light. It may be fun to try it on a duck punt. Is there anywhere online that may have a drawing of one of these?

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
Re: Cruise n' Carry Info Needed

Cruise n Carry 2.5 cu. in. 2.7 hp at 8,000 rpm.(WOW),Champion CJ8 plug set at .026.Breakerless ignition,fuel ratio 25:1 BIA certified 2 stroke oil is indicated. Carb appears similar to that used on the Eska 2.5 hp.No mention of carb<br />brand in my manual.Power head is air cooled.<br /> I don't see these on the repair forums so they are either rare, reliable or used very little.<br /> Probably could be fun to mess around with.

tmevenson

Recruit

Hi,
I am trying to rebuild a 2.7Hp cruise n carry 6700 for my Dad's retirement.
He had his stolen and it was mint in the canvas bag.
I need a shifter cable assembly to get it going, but would love to find a tool kit and canvas bag.
Does anyone out there have a parts motor or the canvas bag and tools?
Does any one know anyone with parts?
This has been a very frustrating hunt. For such a loud noisy motor there seems to be a huge shortage of parts.
Please help if you can.
Thank you all,
Terry
tmevenson@shaw,ca
250-545-9026

F_R

Supreme Mariner

They weren't exactly produced in huge numbers. I've seen very few of them, and can't remember ever seeing a canvas bag. I suppose you have tried a free want ad on the Webvertize forum at the Antique Outboard Club's website? Can't cost anything to try them. www.aomci.org