Identification Clinton/Ted Williams

littleperk

Recruit
I have salvaged two old boat motors from a trip to the graveyard. I need assistance in identifying the size and year in order to locate parts. Both are air cooled and appear to be in the 3 - 3 1/2 hp range. Engine#1 is a Clinton model J7. Serial# 36056 Type 10-13-7-0-4-5 ...Engine #2 is a Ted Williams (sears) Apache???. The I.D. plate is unreadable but, the numbers 6261 are stamped deeply on the plate. I hope this is the model# because this is all I can read. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral
Re: Identification Clinton/Ted Williams

Welcome to iboats. :) <br /><br />I don't think there was ever a Clinton-made Ted Williams. Clinton made motors for Monkey Wards, Eska made them for Sears with Tecumseh powerheads. The Clinton is a 7Hp, don't know about the TW. discount-marine-parts dot com has a wealth of information on those motors. Look them up. :)

littleperk

Recruit
Re: Identification Clinton/Ted Williams

Additional info: I tried to read the model plate on the Ted Williams with a Magnifying glass. I could barely make out " Canada " and the deeply stamped #6261. I also found a number stamped under the tiller handle - C11 - The flywheel is made by the Phelon Co. East longmeadow Mass. Does this help identify the motor??. Many thanks. Littleperk