Sea King 7.5 Hp fuel mix, please help!

mikefin

Recruit
Hi everyone,<br /><br />I have a Sea King made by Clinton from Montgomery Wards and(model year unknown) have searched this great site over a few times and have not seen my exact engine to find out the fuel mixture. I understand that if it is an air cooled engine I should use regular weed wacker two stroke oil, and if it is watercooled I should use TCW3 oil. If anyone has any info on this engine regarding fuel mixture, spark plug type, parts, or anything else, it would be great to know, Thanks!!<br /><br />Engine model: K750 3110D<br />Type: XTV 52259<br /><br />Mike

Paul Moir

Admiral
Re: Sea King 7.5 Hp fuel mix, please help!

That's a '75. You've got the model number a little wrong, it's a KTV 52259. That seems to be a common error.<br />The engine is air cooled, being chain-saw in origin. My mix chart shows 42:1 or 50:1 depending on whether you follow Clinton's or Monkey Wards numbers. Personally I would go with Clinton's 42:1.<br />I don't have the original spark plug #. Champion's sheet says it's a RJ14YC gapped at .025" but that's a somewhat dubious source.

mikefin

Recruit

Thank you Paul for your fast reply!! I wonder why the model number is not the same. I read it right off of the stamp. Anyway, thanks again and I hope I can get it running.

Paul Moir

Admiral

Lol! I think my model number list might be wrong then: XTV sounded right. I did cross check it with the Clinton model/serial number (K750 31100) and it checks out. Heck, K750s were only '74 and '75 anyway.<br /><br />Good luck with it.

mikefin

Recruit

Thank you again for your imput. I had one last question, do you know what the "D" on the end of the model number stands for? The engine almost looks like it is water cooled because it has holes at the bottom of the shaft that look like water entry holes and holes toward the top of the bottom shaft that look like water exit holes. The engine does have some cooling fins but they are very small. Just wondering about this and any info is always appreciated.

Paul Moir

Admiral

Your welcome, though I don't know how much it's worth... :D <br />The exhaust on that engine is water cooled, so it does have an impeller, water intake, etc. That's to keep you from burning your hands on the midsection. <br /><br />I'm not sure about the D. I guessed it was a 0 from the serial number since that makes sense with the S/Ns Clinton used, but I could be wrong. That's why I mentioned it can only be a '74 or '75. But thats all really guess work since it's an engine that Clinton sold to MW: they may be using some totally different number scheme. The XTV-52259 seems pretty definitive though.

jsherry6477

Recruit

Hey, I have Seaking 15hp, model #VWB52122 and I am not sure of My Gas /Oil Mixture either, I tried the 50:1 and 42:1 and have problems to with it smoking alot and killing when I put the throttle to it. Any suggestions also ,
Thanks, jsherry6477

lar2962003

Recruit

I also have a 15 hp Sea King (Montomery Ward) model # VWB 52122 and a Serial # 58X 3348.....Does anyone know the year and proper fuel mix??