DON'T USE LEAD SUB.??? UH-OH.....

tbeaun

Seaman
I saw in my service manual to use unleaded fuel. Thinking a substitute was necessary & before consulting this forum (slapping forehead REAL hard!!), I puchased a jug of CD2 Super Concentrated Lead Substitute & added some to my tank (I also just noticed this product specifies for off-road use only). So far I've only started the engine out of the water with the muffs on & ran for maybe 5 minutes tops. I have a built in tank & put 10 gallons of lead treated fuel & have a 6 gal. plastic tank with 5 gal's treated fuel. Should I syphon out the fuel & disgard it or will it be OK to just burn it up & not use any more treated fuel?

LubeDude

Admiral
Re: DON'T USE LEAD SUB.??? UH-OH.....

Dont worry about it, Just use it up. It will only possibly cause a slight amount of plug fouling. Many years ago before I became so smart, ;) I used to use super leaded fuel in my 85 HP Evenrude, did it for two years and fished almost every weekend, never caused any problems other than emptying my pockets a little faster. The off road issue is just because of emmisions.<br /><br />Be happy, go fishing.

tbeaun

Seaman

Thanx, Dude.....Kinda freaked myself out a little there. From here on, it's to the forum before I think about doing anything to/with the motor. I'm REALLY amazed at all the things to do with a boat to ensure good performance. When I was younger it was "start 'er up & let 'er fly". Now that it's my money & not Pa's, I'm gonna be more careful.

LubeDude

Admiral

Welcome to the forums, lots of knowledge here, also lots op opinions, some good, some not so good, been accused of the not so good myself more than once. :D

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

Welcome aboard tbeaun :) <br /><br />you wanna keep a sharp eye on that LubeDude feller, he's mighty slippery :p :D