Smart Tab Install

dk6164

Seaman
Finally installed the Smart Tabs I bought over the winter. Can't wait to give them a run but I'm wondering where the best spot to remount the Speedo and Tranducer is? Should I mount them inboard or outboard of the tabs? Don't want to cause turbulence b-4 the prop and I wonder how much noise there will be just outboard of the tabs? Any suggestions would be really appreciated!!<br /><br />I also ran into a problem on the install, one of the ears in the actuator socket broke off and now you can pull the actuator off with a little tug!! Hopefully it will stay on when I'm under way. If not I guess I'll be calling Nauticus<br /><br />
122-2203_IMG.jpg

Jdeagro

iboats.com Partner
Re: Smart Tab Install

DK6164;<br /><br />Do not run the tabs without the locking cap in tact. If you can not wait get a small cable tie and feed it into the hole where the broken leg on the locking cap would be. These legs keep the ball socket from expanding therefor you need to fill the void. <br /><br />We will send you new end fittings immediately if you call (800-233-0194) or send your address via e-mail to info at NauticusInc.com<br /><br />I would mount the transducer to the outside of the trim tabs by a few inches, however it does look like you have enough room to the inside as well.<br /><br />Nice install. Let us know what your results are.<br /><br />If you call soon we can mail the end fittings to you tonight.

dk6164

Seaman

nautiJohn:<br /><br />Thanks for the quick response. I'm not in that much of a hurry to take her out, heck, I'm not sure the ramps are open yet, we get kind of a late start up here! I sent a question to your site earlier but I didn't include my address. I'll send another one tonight. I appreciate the help and will update you on the performance as soon as I get her out!<br /><br />Thanks again!!!!<br /><br />Oh yeah, I'll take your advice and mount the pitot and transducer on the outboard side of the tabs.<br /><br />Thanks

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

nautiJohn: Are your trim tabs a highly polished item aka chrome like finish,or are they a dull stainless steel i cannot tell from the above pics.<br /><br /> I know they are a functional item.....yet overall apperance for whatever reason seem's to playing heavly in a restoration i am in the middle of.

tomcatcain

Cadet

Tail Gunner,mine are polished and look good haven,t them out yet ,can,t to see how much they helped!!