One of those days!

pipestone guy

Seaman Apprentice
Ever have one of those days. Had one yesterday. Went fishing put boat in water 50HP Force fired right up. Just put carb kit in so was kinda shake down cruise. Dog wouldnt get in boat, shut down motor to retreive dog. Got dog, pushed boat away from dock so dog would stay in boat. Motor WOULDNT start. After cussing and cranking for several minutes found safety switch had been pulled. Put back on, fired right up. Motored down the lake, motor started sputtering and died. Tried restarting to no avail, went back and checked motor, found fuel line had pulled loose from tank. Pushed back on fired up and went fishing.. Murphys law at work..<br /> :( <br />Terry

luvsfishing

Cadet
Re: One of those days!

LOL, we all have those days! Put a harness and a lead rope on your dog, so if you lose power again you can throw your dog in the lake and have him tow you to shore. :D I have a Force 50. Let's share repair info via email as well as here. My email addy is triplehornman@yahoo.com

CATransplant

Admiral
Re: One of those days!

Ha! Reminds me of the time I took my Dad fishing in my new (to me) boat. We thought we'd troll a while, so I went to fire up my wheezy old Sea King 5hp kicker.<br /><br />Man, I pulled and pulled the starter rope until I was all red-faced and puffing away like a bellows.<br /><br />My dad, who is 85 years old, said that he'd spell me for a few pulls.<br /><br />Then, with the grin on his face he always gets when he's about to getcha, he plugs the fuel line onto the motor, pumps the bulb a couple of times and starts the kicker on the first pull.<br /><br />Gotcha! He just loves doing stuff like that. Great Dad.