clinton 7hp won't start

crumbpicker

Recruit
Hi I have a clinton K700 3000 that will not start. It's getting spark, so I took apart the carb, clean as a whissle So I'm guessing that the fuel is not getting to the piston, either through a vaccume leak or a blockage in the jet to the piston. The spark plug should get pretty wet with gas right? Has anybody had any experience with this? I sent away for a manual, and I'm anxious to get this on the water. Oh and it's not froze, can see piston and prop moving when trying the pull start.

mfbear

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: clinton 7hp won't start

Sounds like the fuel pump. Where did you find a manual?

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: clinton 7hp won't start

Howdy, and welcome to iboats. :) <br /><br />Check engine compression. Then go to FAQ and do the troubleshooting described in "Outboard wont start".<br /><br />What happened when you squirted fuel into the carb, CP?<br /><br />If it fires then your carb is clogged, no matter how clean it looks. You can't see into those tiny jets and ports that fuel must go through to get into the throat of the carb.<br /><br />If it still doesn't even try to start inspect the manifold/reed plate for leaky gasket or broken reed. Another possibility is a removable bypass cover, if you have one.<br /><br />Let us know the history of your engine, like did it ever run for you, and let us know what you find.<br /><br />Good luck. :)