5 h.p. monkey wards

stingerstang

Cadet
i bought this motor last year heard it run on the back of a boat so i bought it, took it out got it started runs but is spitting gas out of the carb while running, the guy i bought it from ran 50 to 1 gas mix i found on this board to run 32 to 1 mix just don't have any ump to it at one point my 52 pound troller was just as quick now thats funny, but after running the 5 h.p. it tryed to speed up but seems like not enough, please any help<br />thank you all

sea king 5

Seaman Apprentice
Re: 5 h.p. monkey wards

Stingerstang: gas coming out of the carb?May have a problem with your float,if it's coark you may need to replace it,or you may need to just put a new coat of shillack on it to keep it afloat.What kind of Engine? Mod + ser #.

sea king 5

Seaman Apprentice

can you access the needle valve and seat to see if you have any JUNK in there? If you get it running half way,do you have a way to get your thumb over the air intake to choke it? Sometimes doing that will tell you if you have a air leak some where els in the carb,and choking in this way MAY force an obstruction out of any passage ways that may be giving you broblems. If you parcially choke the carb and it tries to speed up and sound like it should then you probably have a air leak,or your running way to lean,and that would not cause gas to come out of the front of your carb, your running Rich.

stingerstang

Cadet

model # K500 1106A<br />serial # 551259<br />TYPE # 6027205R<br /> <br /> <br />K-500 is a 1972<br />5hp at 6800 rpm

T2000

Cadet

hey if you know where i can find a fuel pump for my 5hp same as yours let me know...