goodyear seabee coils

migman

Cadet
Found an old goodyear Seabee 5.0 in the trash,model 0253569.The coils look to be bad. I noticed the coils for old lawn boy mowers look identical. Has anyone ever tried one on a marine application? I hate to dump a lot of cash into a curbside freebee as I have several of the mower coils on hand.Knowing the year and fuel ratio would also be helpful. Thanks.

Mod2

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: goodyear seabee coils

Migman....I'm going to move your post over to Other Outboards. May get a better response over there.

Paul Moir

Admiral

MigMan - That Goodyear SeaBee was built by OMC's Gale devision, and except for style is very similair to Johnsons and Evinrudes built those same years.<br />Model 025-3569 (5.0hp) was built from '51 to '53.<br /><br />Original Service Manual. <br />A similair year/hp Johnson/Evinrude coil would work. Try Twin City Outboard<br /><br />Good luck!<br /><br />EDIT - Cool, I didn't know that about Lawnboy.

DHPMARINE

Captain

Migman,<br />OMC/Johnson/Evinrude/LawnBoy.<br /><br />All the same maker,and yes the coils will work.They used the same coil on a lot of engines over the years.<br />DHP

migman

Cadet

Thanks for the confirmation.I was concerned about too week or too hot of spark.Nothing ventured nothing gained. Heading to the garage now...