Very old Montgomery ward outboard repair

Sepujaime

Recruit
Model GG9021A, Serial 55X589357.-<br /><br />Very very old, I think Montgomery now is Mercury but i´m not sure.<br /><br />Can anybody tell me the year of this motor and how can i get spare parts for it ?<br /><br />Thanks in advance.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Very old Montgomery ward outboard repair

Moving to Other Outboards

Paul Moir

Admiral

That's a 1956 12hp outboard, built by the Gale division of OMC for Mongomery-Wards. I think that's the equivalent of the Fast-Twin (15hp). Anyway, you'll find many Johnson/Evinrude parts from that era fit.<br /><br />www.kencook.com has the original repair manual for that outboard, by the way. Look under Gale.<br /><br />EDIT: Your not quick enough on the lock button for me JB :)

tmcalavy

Rear Admiral

Those 12 hp Gales (Sea Kings) were stout little motors. Had a 48 direct drive that was a bear to pull over, but boy did it go!!<br />Post parts requests/questions in the Webvertize section of: www.aomci.org<br />You can also use the Ask A Member board there for repair questions...you will always get an answer, just don't mix parts requests/ads with the board questions...their touchy about that. Good folks though.