9.9 SEARS GAMEFISHER OUTBOARD COIL TROUBLE/ CHANGE TO POINTS???

jerry k

Recruit
i'M HAVING TROUBLE KEEPING COILS IN MY 9.9 GAMEFISHER. THEY ARE HARD TO FING AND COST 100$+ EACH ANY SUGGESTIONS AS TO WHY i MAY BE LOOSING THEM IT IS ALWAUS TO TOP PLUG THAT LOOSED SPARK AND SEEMS LIKE BOTH COILS NEED TO BE REPLACED TO GET SPARK BACK hAVE WEAK SPARK ON TOP WIRE BUT NOT ENOUGH TO MAKE IT GO. SO MUCH FOR THIS ELECTRONIC IG NITION. THE STATOR PLATE LOOKS LIKE IT IS MADE FOR POINTS AND COIL.. I CAN PURCHASE CAM ROTOR & POINTS FOR THIS ENGINE.. HAS ANYONE OUT THERE TRIED THIS??? WILL IT WORK OKEY . LOOKS TO COST ABOUT $100 OR SO. REST OF ENGINE IS VERY GOOD RUNS FINE HAS LOW HOURS AND IS ONLY ABOUT 15 YEARS OLD. ANY ANSWERE WILL BE APPRECIATED SUGGESTIONS

SeaMasterZ@aol.com

Lieutenant Commander
Re: 9.9 SEARS GAMEFISHER OUTBOARD COIL TROUBLE/ CHANGE TO POINTS???

attach rope to Gamefisher lower unit ...<br /><br />lower to bottom of lake securing other end to cleat on deck<br /><br />now, not only will it not go, but it will ABSOLUTELY not go anywhere at all, regardless of tide or wind ... <br /><br />teasin, lol, should be able to retrofit that equiptment from earlier like model Gamefishers, 15 years ago I believe they were Chryslers..<br /><br />make sure all connections are clean and tight, take an afternoon and remove ALL of you electrical connections one at a time and clean em up, give them a spritz of WD 40 then put a dab of never sieze on the threads<br /><br />those electronic buggers love continuous juice, giving them intermittent power will raise hell with them<br /><br />when all done, give it a good spray of silicone to seal the wires up<br /><br />then sell it while it still runs and get a Johnny Rude, LOL<br /><br /> :p

Fouled Plug

Ensign
Re: 9.9 SEARS GAMEFISHER OUTBOARD COIL TROUBLE/ CHANGE TO POINTS???

I love my 1989 Gamefisher (Force) 9.9 kicker. It has provided many, many hours of trolling and backup motor duty and is responsible for multiple freezer loads of salmon and halibut. They are great engines when given the proper care. Follow CastawayRay's advice, and see if your spark returns. He has some good ideas. Now if he could just shake the anti-Force bias..... :D