5hp buccaneer

zerop3

Seaman Apprentice
Does anyone know where I can find parts for a late 50's to early 60's model Buccaneer outboard. I havent gotten to far into to see what I need but I want to try and locate the points, coils, and condenssers first. Then I would probably need a carb kit. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 5hp buccaneer

Howdy, ZP3.<br /><br />Post the model number of your Buc. Parts will be interchangable with the same year and hp JohnnyRude.<br /><br />Good luck. :)

zerop3

Seaman Apprentice

Im working on getting the serial numbers and model numbers. Does anyone know if these were good motors. One thing that I see that is interesting is that there appears to be no nuetral or reverse. It seems like once it gets started your off and running.

Fouled Plug

Ensign

Your motor will be as 'good' as any OMC. Some older engines were forward-only. Takes some forethought before you pull the rope! :D

zerop3

Seaman Apprentice

Okay here is the model number 5S13B and the serial number 661703. I am trying to determine the year and what motor might have parts that would be interchangeable. Thanks

tmcalavy

Rear Admiral

you have a 57 buccaneer, built by OMC's generic mfg. division...Gale. Go to the Ask a Member board at this site: www.aomci.org<br />and you'll find all the info you might want, part numbers, etc.