West Bend/Chysler 50hp need parts

lagerweij34

Recruit
Hi,<br />I bought an old motor 1964 West Bend Model 50471 serial 3026, with the intension to restore it. Two major parts are defect.I don't know where and if I still can buy them. <br /><br />The parts I need are the Fly/startwheel and at least one piston (inc. Piston rings)<br /><br />Also I don't have a manual or something like that.<br /><br />Many thanks if someone could help me!

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
Re: West Bend/Chysler 50hp need parts

Paul, Its nice to try to save an old motor <br /> And West Bend has a long history that ended<br />with the demise of Force.<br /> As far an manuals go There is an aftermaket<br />service manual by Seloc.It covers 62 up.Available on line at bookstores or NAPA auto parts part Number SE75.<br /> I was on ebay today,looked up outboard manuals<br /> Something like 30 pages came up.If you can find one specific to your motor it would be best.<br /> But the generic manuals are pretty good.<br /> Ebay is a good place to start for parts or parts motors.<br /> Also try www.laingsoutboards.com Probably dont have your parts but may be able to send you in the right direction.<br /> The antique outboard motor club at www.aomci.org<br /> May help.Some Chrysler parts may work.<br /> If you really want to restore the motor its a tough problem with parts because they have been<br />out of production so long. And probably not practical as an every day motor.<br /> Evinrude/Johnson still have many parts readily available back to the early 50s both from dealers and NAPA auto parts.

lagerweij34

Recruit
Re: West Bend/Chysler 50hp need parts

thanks for responding. I am able to make the parts myself, but I want to keep things original.