rodbolt help!!!

dinomite

Recruit
Would you please call (803) 345-0155 David Pou (DP Marine) in Chapin, SC. David called me earlier and asked me to find you on the Internet. He has a problem with a Yamaha outboard. You were referred by a Drag Racer out west.. <br /><br />Or send me an email to bmw@gabn.net & I will have David Pou call you.<br /><br />dinomite

Ray Neudecker

Lieutenant Commander
Re: rodbolt help!!!

David is a long time racer and friend. I hope you can help him.

dinomite

Recruit

Rodbolt<br /><br />I sent you an email to rodbolt40@aol.com, it bounced back: Where can David call you this morning? Really need your help.<br /><br />Best Regards,<br />Dean Wingard<br />Fax: 706-868-2113<br />Direct Line: 706-210-6351<br />Toll Free: 877-778-2691 ext. 351<br />Personal e-mail: bmw@gabn.net

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

thats cause I typed yahoo not AOL.<br /> :) <br />anyway I called him this morning, your correct, its an interesting problem. Il try him again in the am to see how the tests results went.<br /> ya better tell Ray thanks, without his endorsement I would not have called.<br /> however if nessasary I will take a drive. Davids problem has me interested.

Ray Neudecker

Lieutenant Commander

Appreciate your help rodbolt. I am also interested in the problem due to its unusual nature.

dinomite

Recruit

rodbolt <br /><br />Thanks for your help. Yea. I did see I used AOL. :( . Ray thanks for your endorsement. :D You don't know me, David works on my Diamond 300 Drag. I bought Aubry's red and white STV from David three years ago an turned it into a lake boat. :)

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

I talked with him twice, so far we have the injector issue delt with. the guy is nice but he MUST buy the correct test equipment and Ill tell him how to use it.<br /> otherwise I fear a popped piston in the very near future.

Ray Neudecker

Lieutenant Commander

Thanks for helping. I suspect he is like many dealers who have been reluctant to spend a lot of money for equipment and special tools that are often unused and even obsoleted before you know it.<br /> The tremendous reliability of Yamahas has added to this reluctance. The to me tendency of the manufactors to package these tools at a very high price has been a detterent to many smaller shops to keeping up to date on them.<br /> I recently saw the multi thousand dollar lap top system Mercury now will require for their dealers and was astonished at the price of the laptops they include.<br /> Instead of using their buying power to help make the special tools more attractive price wise to the dealer, they seem to make them a high profit center for the manufactor.<br /> When I retired from the electronics buisness, you needed a multi thousand dollar test center to service a $60 tv or vcr properly.<br /> At least in other lines of service, there is enough versatility and volume to allow the aftermarket manufactors to compete and make it more affordable to the smaller shops for the special tools.<br /> Thanks again for helping David, he is not only a nice guy, but also a very good tech. He is just going to have to bite the bullet and update his equipment. I assume his shop rates will also have to go up to pay for it.<br /> The average customer has a hard time understanding shop rates of $75.00 an hour and above in our area doesn't all go into the pocket of the tech or owner. A great deal goes for the cost of the equipment itself. I have two walls of a 15 by 15 work area covered with high cost soecial tools 12 ft high as well as two large tool boxes full and really consider myself obslolete on the newer motors as far as proper tools.<br /> Many older shops and techs will no longer make the investment to keep up and just avoid the engines that require them.<br /> The manufactors continue to turn their heads to this and continue to authorize them to service the products they don't have the tools to do so.<br /><br /> rodbolt is very much the exception to the rule than the rule with his thirst for excellence and willingness to help and make the investment in training and tools.<br /> We are very lucky to have him on this board.