Rodbolt

Jan Z

Seaman Apprentice
Thought I’d get your take and suggestion on this one, the boat went to the shop today as it’s got low end jet problems again, I called Yamaha to ask what they are recommending about the E10 fuel and as we both know their first recommendation is the use of a ten micron water /fuel filter, Raycor was named specifically. (Although he did add that Yamaha makes a great one) <br /><br />The young lad also said that Yamaha is recommending the use of Ring Free at 1 oz per ten gallons and the usage of an enzyme based fuel stabilizer as there have been problems with fuel “Jelling” and clogging things up. <br /><br />They had no suggestions as to a particular brand name of fuel stabilizer, do you have any idea where I can get an enzyme based fuel stabilizer and or a brand name?

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: Rodbolt

beats me, I either use stor-N-start or the yamaha fuel stabilizer. ring free wont help your issue. when you say you called yamaha was it a dealer or the actual consumer help line ?<br />cant believe they named racor as the yamaha filter is far superior.

JRJ

Commander

Just wondering why the Yamaha filter is better rodbolt. Good luck Jan Z. I like Lee, but he has had some bad luck with techs from time to time.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

racors rust like pigs, the best flowing 10 micron is 60GPH when new and they tend to clog quicker than the yamaha version, the nice thing is you can drain them daily.<br /> so I am not saying they are bad just not cost effective all the time and its had to belive anyone at yamaha, kennesaw GA orwisconsin would reccomend a racor over the yamaha product.<br /> a dealer may but a dealer is a franchise not yamaha.

Jan Z

Seaman Apprentice

I called Outboard Customer Relations Exclusively for Outboards (866) 894-1626 in Georgia and talked to two different represenatives, and both gave the same spiel, filter, ring free and an enzyme based fuel stabilizer. <br /><br />I got the impression that these guys were not mechanics although they seemed to know a lot about the motors. <br /><br />Getting it fixed again isn't the problem, I'm just trying to get the straight dope on how to maintain it in good condition so I don't have these problems every time I go to use the boat.<br /><br />I found some enzyme based stabulizer called Startron