Yamaha 90 2 stroke wiring

jwig

Cadet
I have a 2003 90 HP 2 stroke Yamaha that I am trying to wire an aftermarket binacle control to. I do have a book, but one thing I'm not quiet sure about. Does :confused: the lanyard cutoff switch just ground out the white wire? I have the ignition,+12v,ground,trim up and down and starter wires hooked up. I understand the green wire is for tach. What are the others? I'm talking about the main wiring harness from the engine. Thanks for any help, Jwig

jwig

Cadet
Re: Yamaha 90 2 stroke wiring

I guess I'll figure it out. Thanks for all the help.

Ray Neudecker

Lieutenant Commander

Yes it does. Yellow goes hot with the switch,red is hot all of the time, blue goes hot with the switch, light blue is trim up, light green is trim down, black is ground.<br /> Since there are no fees and no employee to answer your questions, instant response is not likely to happen.<br /> Using the search function would have gotten you a quicker answer.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

on the main harness, yellow is key on 12v,red is constant 12v,brown is start,pink is alarm audible,gray is alarm visual,green is tach send,dark blue is choke,ltblue is trim up, lt green is trim down and white is engine kill,black is ground.<br /> however its all in your service manual. as we are slow you best learn to read.

jwig

Cadet

Thank you Ray and Rod. I'm sure you get tired of answering the same dumb questions. Your' help is appreciated.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

not at all, i have 2 kids . :) :) .

jwig

Cadet

I bought this switch on ebay. Maybe it's the wrong one? Everything works now except when I turn the ignition off the motor keeps running. There is no provision on this switch to ground the white wire when switch is off. The lanyard kill switch is built in on this switch and it works fine.<br />Do you think I should use the old switch and kill switch out of the 703 side control? Thanks

jwig

Cadet

I took the original switch out of the 703 and used it. Everything is fine now. Thanks for the help.