alarm sounding

cgray

Recruit
i just bought a boat with a susuki 115 EFI motor one it. when you turn switch on alarms sound but go off. but while running; alarm will sound then shut engine down. it does it while idling and running full throttle.the temp.,rev.,and check engine light all light up when it happens.i think its a mid 1990's engine, model DT115s.

lakensea

Chief Petty Officer
Re: alarm sounding

If the check engine light is coming on along with the temp/rev, chances are you've got a faulty temp sensor. Although I've never seen all three come on together. The check engine lamp will flash a code.

deejaycee_2000

Captain

I had this problem with my 1990 suzuki 115hp, many problems followed, first of all replace all sensors, oil, water temp etc. For some reason these sensors in this model is very sensitive, even when you tilt the engine too high on full throttle it would cut out with a limit, or oil warning, but everything is fine. The problem can only be 2 things in your case, the 2 stroke oil and the water flow, this particular model has a sensor by the waterpump, if it doesn't get enough water the alarm will sound. Inside the oil tank is another sensor, which probably gives the most problems. What I did (not the best thing to do) was disconnect all the sensors and just making sure everything is fine and filled up before taking my boat out, no problems after that ....

cgray

Recruit

by the way i noticed the check engine light is blinking once pausing the four times.and could anyone tell me the year this is.11503-651417/DT115S

deejaycee_2000

Captain

You have a 1996 model according to your serial, as far as my knowledge goes, 1 blink, pause, 4 blinks is the cylinder temp sensor.

cgray

Recruit

anyone know where to get susuki parts at,thanks

cgray

Recruit

how do i clear codes that are flashing? they start flashing soon as you turn switch on.

deejaycee_2000

Captain

Only one you can reset is the low oil warning buzzer on the side of your engine (big red one) but in your case it is not an low oil warning, and believe me you won't be able to make it stop flashing untill you fix the problems, suzuki made these sensors very sensitive and therefor they can go bad very quickly aswell ..