Rodbolt...first start up !

GetReel

Seaman Apprentice
2006 200 HPDI.. everthing is hooked up but fuel line .multifunction tach etc. oil from remote tank has filled engine oil tank to level & buzzer cut off.engine oil filter is empty! i was told how to purge oil system remove phillips head srew from oil pump until i get oil there put srew back then unsnap lingage & put oil pump in wide open position with engine at idle for 10 minutes to purge. i have not tried anything yet don't want to void warranty, i mounted the engine controls etc myself, but some of these dealers are not purging oil system this way and i was told this is how it needs to be done for first start, anywho what should i do trust some jack leg and hope he dont start it dry, or purge it myself ? then let them start & check it for first time. Thanks

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: Rodbolt...first start up !

what engine oil filter are you looking at ?<br /> the procedure sounds about right for bleeding, I would have to double check it though.<br /> there is a tech bulliten on bleeding the oil system on HPDI and I always refer to the service literature.<br /> the oil filter going to the VST wont fill untill its running. it uses an electric pump and the ECU pumpon/off signal to place oil in the vst at about 1500/1.<br />make sure you dont lose that little red gasket on the oil pump bleed screw.

GetReel

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Rodbolt...first start up !

Thanks.....forget the oil filter part, got ahead of myself. oil pump is purged , shaft in wide open position, no prop put in gear for 10 mins at idle! thanks