new boat rookie boater

Chris Miele

Cadet
Here working on neighbors 15" Scout walk-around tri-hull, planning on buying it. <br />Info:<br />(on the tag)<br />70 HP Yamaha <br />70TLRR<br />6H3 / L / 481548<br /><br />Stamped on the trim ***'y<br />6H1-13<br />2b-0484<br /><br />Can't decipher the Marishopen page, any idea on the model year? <br /><br />Any thoughts on where to get a trim motor? <br /> <br />Also, the guy has been pre-mixing his fuel. Says that the oil-injection is bad. Any idea how to test the mixing system? <br /><br />thanks, chris

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: new boat rookie boater

its a 93 long shaft with trim and remote controls. my reccomendation is to buy the service manual and follow the test procedure. its fairly simple and straight fwd but if he has been running it with no oil in the pump I dont know how much I would trust it. its a good system and problems were very rare.

Chris Miele

Cadet

excellent. can you tell me where to get a GOOD manual? I have manuals for my other motors but that cover 2-250 HP. I will but that type if I must, but I would like to get something a bit more specific. Thanks for the post Rodbolt. <br /><br />Bottom 120 psi<br />Middle 125<br />Top 127.<br /><br />these sound okay?

Chris Miele

Cadet

also-he wants 2,000 for it the way it sits. looks like shes going to take a trim motor, oil injection work, 2 trailer leaf springs, possibly the remote controls, (havent taken them apart yet), carb work (been sitting). The rest of the boat is in fair to good condition ie. vinyl pretty rough, etc. <br /><br />Sound like a fair price? <br />Scout 152 tri-hull