Suzuki DT85 1985 missing at high RPM

Jetpro

Recruit
Hope someone can help - I recently have all the carbs serviced, the vacuum pump replaced, new plugs, because the engine was lossing power at higher RPM.(As if it was running on 2 instead of 3 cylinders. The problem seems to have partly gone. Now the engine runs OK till higher RPM then it misses quite badly. However when you brong the RPM's back slightly it runs perfectly.<br />Have been stared towards the power pack.<br />cheers<br /><br />Jetpro

rogernav

Recruit
Re: Suzuki DT85 1985 missing at high RPM

Originally posted by Jetpro:<br /> Hope someone can help - I recently have all the carbs serviced, the vacuum pump replaced, new plugs, because the engine was lossing power at higher RPM.(As if it was running on 2 instead of 3 cylinders. The problem seems to have partly gone. Now the engine runs OK till higher RPM then it misses quite badly. However when you brong the RPM's back slightly it runs perfectly.<br />Have been stared towards the power pack.<br />cheers<br /><br />Jetpro

rogernav

Recruit

I have the exact same problem with my DT115. (This is why I logged on) I am leaning toward the power pack or charging system as well. I don't think my charging system is keeping up as the battery voltage does not increase when the engine is running. (always about 12.3 volts) I keep the battery hot with a trickle charger when not in use). I have been though the entire fuel system a million times (even putting in larger fuel line) It makes sense that the system will require more amperage at higher RPM and this is pulling the system down to where the skipping starts. Anyone have a comment?

Jetpro

Recruit

I believe also my battery is not holding charge as the volts drop when i run other equipment on the boat.<br />Anyone........

spego

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Did you ever figure this out? I am now having the same problem with my DT175. Only seems to show up over 4K.