Yamaha 90 would not start

rlockwd

Recruit
Hi,<br /><br />I have an 04 Yamaha 90 2 stroke with 5 hrs on it. When on the lake a couple of days ago the motor would not restart once.<br /><br />I had shut the motor off while in gear prior to this happening, when I would try the key I got nothing, the trim and hour meter and the guages worked, it was just like the motor was not in the loop.<br /><br />After running the trim all the way up and down and around 10 min later, the motor started fine and continued to restart after that.<br /><br />Should I be worried or is there some kind of timeout when you kill the motor while in gear.<br /><br />Thanks for the help<br />Rick

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: Yamaha 90 would not start

No time-out that I'm aware of but I'd check the battery cable connections at both the engine and battery ends. Make sure the connections are clean and tight. I'm not a Yamaha guy but the tilt system may have a limit switch to prevent starting with the engine tilted too high. It could also be a defective or misadjusted neutral start switch. If it happens again, wiggle the throttle lever while attempting to start.