fogging motor

swanny

Cadet
i have a yamaha f150 4 stroke 2004. i want to fog the motor. i noticed on the intake manifold a small rubber cover on each intake port. it appears the caps cover small inlets into the manifold. can i fog thru these openings.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: fogging motor

yes<br /> or you can remove the idle control valve intake hose and fog through there.<br /> if you fog through the caps beaware there will be some backfireing through the ports, wear eye protection.<br />its not much just dont be suprised.

swanny

Cadet

thanks for quick reply. were is the idle control valve intake hose. and will i get any backfireing thru it.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

out of memory i cant say, its been about a year since I fogged one. if you look in your service manual its listed as the ISC valve. it controls idle air bypassing the throttle shutters.<br /> but its there. its a 3/4" gray hose . be aware that there is a crankcase vent line of the same size.

JRJ

Commander

Can fogging mess up the fuel injectors?

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

no<br /> fogging goes through the air side not the fuel side.<br /> however this year we are disscusing a fogging mix like the MPI volvo and merccruiser reccomend to speed the procedure up. Ill try to post the results of the discussion with a yamaha tech rep.<br /> the faster and better I can do it the cheaper it is for the consumer and the quicker I can get out of the cold :)

swanny

Cadet

any more info about motor fogging and injector problems. yamaha 150 4 stroke 2004. i pulled the plugs and did the cylinders.

peterc38

Seaman

I fog mine by removing the caps on the inlets and removing the plugs to spray inside the cylinders. It was better to tilt the motor up to spray inside the cylinders I found. Also, hang on to the plastic straw on the spray can, as I have heard these have fallen off on some people and gone into the cylinder.

craqpot

Cadet

The manual for my 2003 50hp Merc 4-stroke says just to add a few drops of engine oil to each cylinder and turn the flywheel a few times for storage.<br /><br />What is the advantage to fogging?