Trailer Boats "Duke of Oil"

BULLWARKS

Petty Officer 1st Class
Trailer Boats published an article (October 2004) "Duke of Oil" which determined that Pennzoil 10SW-30 was the best oil. I cannot find this product ANYWHERE ! :confused: <br /><br />Also why doesn't iboats, West Marine, Overtons etc. carry spark plugs?

JRJ

Commander
Re: Trailer Boats "Duke of Oil"

Can't help you with plugs, but I can tell you we have our own oil geniuses here and certainly don't need trailer boats or anyone else to tell us which is the best oil for roller-skates to airplanes :p :D

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

I know Lube Dude, i've heard about the Oil Doc,<br /><br />I don't know this "Duke of Oil" fella, never heard of him, and besides he ain't a member of iboats so why should i listen to him? :p

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Pennzoil 10SW-30 would be deadly poison to a modern 2 stroke outboard.

Perfidiajoe

Petty Officer 1st Class

I think I remember that article, That was for 4 cycle engines. West marine does carry Spark Plugs here in N.Y., & in their catolog. Joe

BULLWARKS

Petty Officer 1st Class

Ok I'm sorry I forgot it is a 4-Stroke Yammy F150. So what is the scoop on oils? Is the Mfg's oil it or what do you recoomend?<br /><br />Perfidiajoe: thanx I was looking online.

JRJ

Commander

Any good quality oil in the API weight Yamaha says to use is fine. I use Chevron :cool:

BULLWARKS

Petty Officer 1st Class

JRJ<br /><br />Thanks for the post :p

ZmOz

Captain

Originally posted by JRJ:<br /> Any good quality oil in the API weight Yamaha says to use is fine. I use Chevron :cool:
Chevron is a very good oil...I get it by the case at Costco for $1/quart. Don't waste your money on Yamaha oil, it's no better than the $1-2/quart stuff you find at every auto parts store.

seahorse5

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by BULWARKS:<br /> Trailer Boats published an article (October 2004) "Duke of Oil" which determined that Pennzoil 10SW-30 was the best oil. I cannot find this product ANYWHERE !
I'll bet that is a misprint and Pennzoil is 10W-30. There is no " S " in the "weight" of the oil.

Scaaty

Vice Admiral

Originally posted by seahorse:<br /> no " S " in the "weight" of the oil.
Agreed. Never has, never will be. It can only be a 10W (Weight)

north40

Petty Officer 1st Class

West Marine has all kinds of spark plugs.