Yammie F115 oil level

redsken

Cadet
New 2004 Yamaha 115 Four stroke owner here...I'm happy to find this forum. I want to change the oil, anyone know how many Qts. to fill back up? I guess I should eventually buy the owner's manual. :cool: <br />Thanks!

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: Yammie F115 oil level

look on the timing belt cover. the specs are on it. try to shoot for the level about halfway between full and add marks, dont try to fill it to the top of the marks.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Hi, Redsken.<br /><br />Welcome to iboats. :) <br /><br />"I guess I should eventually buy the Owner's Manual". <br /><br />Nope. You should immediately buy the Owners Manual. I suggest a Service Manual, too.<br /><br />You are clearly a person who wants to take good care of your engine. There are too many mistakes to list in one post that you can make without the guidance of the Manuals. We can help you get the most from them, but we aren't a good substitute.

redsken

Cadet

Hey JB--<br />I've seen your name all over this board. You must be the master moderator. Anyway, you are correct sir. I will be purchasing the manuals shortly. You are also correct about me wanting to keep my motor tip-top. I'm sure I will be visiting this board often for tips and tricks.<br />Thanks for the welcome. :cool:

zzzzz

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Redsken-the correct amount is 4 quarts only...there was a service bulletin on the earlier models (00 , 01 , 02)and they changed the dipstick but your owners manual should say 4 qts. :cool:

bossee

Senior Chief Petty Officer

redsken,<br /><br />You can also view and download (but not print) the Owner's manual at Yamaha US website:<br /><br /> Link <br /><br />I have a Yamaha F115 (2003) myself - great outboard. I have used it since it was new. No problem so far. Serviced every year at Yamaha service center (as long it is under warranty - still 3 year Y.E.S. that I bought extra, that is basically a warranty).<br /><br />Hope You will enjoy many hours of fun at sea and most likely Your Yamaha F115 will taker you out and home safely as long as you own/use it. It is a very reliable outboard (as most outboards today) if service according to maintenance chart.