Yamaha 150 Boat Harness

esteym

Seaman
Hi, I just purchased a yam 150 1994 and I need to wire it to the boat. WHere do I go to find a wire harness for the boat? I've looked all over the net and can't find a thing. I could build one, but I'd rather not risk it.<br /><br />Also Im looking for a cheap hydrolic steering system if anyone has one to sell. Used id imagine.<br /><br />Thanks!!<br /><br />Mike

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: Yamaha 150 Boat Harness

which of the 3 harness's do ya need? if its oil injected you need 3 if not then drop one. and what type of controls do ya have ?

esteym

Seaman

Hi,<br /><br />It is the Oil injected model. But what I need is the wiring from the Center Console to the engine. The engine itself has all of its wiring.<br /><br />So far I do not have any controls for it. I'll need the whole package (Helm to engine). <br /><br />Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks<br /><br />Mike

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

you will need the wiring from the hull oil tank to the engine and the trim/alarm harness from the engine to the console as well as the 10 pin main harness.<br /> are you going to use a side mount box or the 704 binnicle type box?<br /> the 703 sidemount has the 10 pin harness in it. the 704 does not.<br /> the pre 95 harness's wont fit post 95 stuff without an adapter, the exception is the main 10 pin harness, it has not changed.

esteym

Seaman

Thanks, I went to a dealer around here and they had the wire harnesses in stock.<br /><br />Do you know where I might find a used hydrolic steering system?<br /><br />thanks again<br /><br />Mike